Types of Information
The type of personal information we collect depends on how you are specifically interacting with us and which services you are using. Generally, we collect the following categories of personal information:
- Contact Information, such as name, alias, address, phone number, social media user ID, email address, and similar contact data.
- Organization and Contacts Information, such as your employer or organizations that you are a member of, information about your colleagues or those within your organization, your status with an organization, and similar data.
- Device & Browser Information, such as network and connection information (including Internet Service Provider (ISP) and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses), device and browser identifiers and information (including device, application, or browser type, version, plug-in type and version, operating system, user agent, language and time zone settings, and other technical information), advertising identifiers, cookie identifiers and information, and similar data.
- Location Data, such as the location of your device, your household, and similar location data.
- Demographic Information, such as country, preferred language, age and date of birth, marriage status, gender, physical characteristics, personal or household/familial financial status and metrics, military status, and similar data.
- Identity Information, such as government-issued identification information, tax identifiers, social security numbers, other government-issued identifiers, and similar data.
- Financial Information, such as billing address, credit card information, billing contact details, and similar data.
- Career, Education, and Employment Related Information, such as work performance and history, salary history, status as a veteran, nationality and immigration status, demographic data, disability-related information, application information, professional licensure information and related compliance activities, accreditations and other accolades, education history (including schools attended, academic degrees or areas of study, academic performance, and rankings), and similar data.
We collect this information primarily from you. However, you may also be providing some of this information when you access our website, blog platform, social media, or other internet account affiliated with our services.
With regard to your information, we adhere to the following principles:
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected, unless it is being collected automatically via our website, blog, or social media accounts.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
How We Use Information
This section includes details of the purposes for which we use personal information and the different legal reasons for processing that personal information. We process personal information about you for one or more of the following reasons:
- To Perform a Contract. Where the processing of personal information is necessary for the execution and performance of a contract.
- Legitimate Business Interests. Where the processing is necessary for legitimate and lawful interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal information.
- Your Consent. Where you have given us consent to process your personal information for specified purposes, such as to provide our services and other items requested by you.
- Compliance with the Law. Where the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation.